Greetings -

This morning I listened to a recording of a legendary US horn player performing a Galley unmeasured prelude. Wondering why it sounded so "crisp," I slowed down the first phrase and realized that almost all the notes were chipped, but not missed.

It's been most interesting analyzing my own playing the same way and practicing to improve it.

No holiday here!

Earlier today I took my leadpipe water key apart and cleaned it and temporarily repaired a problem with my Bb valve linkage. Next weekend I'll replace the offending piece.

Carlberg
--

Carlberg Jones, Cornista
Orquesta Sinfónica de Aguascalientes