The only time you should need to really "blast" a note that high is at the
end of Symphonia Domestica if Sawallisch is conducting.

John Baumgart

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Alon reuven
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2006 5:54 PM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] one for the list :extra high , extra strong

Hi all,
I wonder : when I play in extra high register ( playing D or E is not that
rare in my orchestra) I usualy use a very concetrated sound ,which does the
job for Bach ,  Haydn and any other chamber stuff . When I try to blast in
this range the note would not hold for more then a second - the strong  and
fast air stream would simply split the small aperture needed. What do you
you do when you want to blast in notes above high C?
Alon Reuven