Daniel Canarutto wrote:

> Steve Freides wrote:
> >Has anyone performed Bach cello suites on the horn?
>
> "Performed" I don't know, but I think there is some
> recording. As for the sheet music, there is a version for
> horn in F (by W. Hoss I
> think) which is transposed up one fourth in term of concert pitch.
> This is how I play them, but from the cello version.

So, the one that's in G-major, you play in concert C-major?  Just to be sure
I understand correctly - the first pitch is C that's one octave below middle
C?

I have played the prelude from the first one on the guitar, where it's
usually done in concert D-major and with the sixth string tuned down a whole
step from E to D, (a common enough thing for transposed pieces on classical
guitar in the key of D).

I must try this on the horn sometime - I don't have the facility to do it at
anything approaching a decent tempo but it will be fun nonetheless.

Thanks to you and to everyone else who has responded.

-S-