I am glad someone finally cleared this up. I was kind
of annoyed with the many people speaking about
voo-doo, and the placebo effect....science is great
eh? Scientific method really holds it own. I believe
all this information is also available from the people
who actually do the cryo process for brass
instruments.

 I enjoy subtle differences in any horn(some I don't
enjoy). Why not have a small improvement for the
connoisseur? All hard work and proper technique aside.

I also think if we used a electron microscope and
checked out horns in different states of age, both
having been played by a professional ( at professional
loudness and sound quality) for many years, or just
out of the workshop, we might find different changes
in alignment of the molecules depending on the forces
applied to the horn.

 As for medicine and the placebo effect, homeopathy
medicine which say they use a "dilution" , are very
good for people that are receptive to suggestive
medicine.

 While modern medicine has only been around for a 100
years or so, herbal medicine and Ayurveda from India
has been around for more than 2,000 years, some say
5,000.
  In Ayurveda medicine, all illness begins in the
mind,but they do not believe all illness is mental
because they do believe in virus, bacteria cancer etc.
Wrap your head around that.

By the way, the invention of the distillery is
directly responsible for the increase in lifespans in
humans.

Matthew Scheffelman
horn