Although I suspect that the molecular structure of the metal itself is not affected by the cryo process, I believe there are quite plausible, non-bizarre explanations of why the horn might actually play better after having this done:

1. The freezing process may loosen up some stuff that wouldn't come out with a normal room-temperature cleaning. A lot of substances basically turn to powder at those temperatures. This (or just a good cleaning in general) could explain why some players report a more resonant horn. Even a thin film of gunk on the inside of the horn is going to absorb some of the energy of the sound wave.

2. The contraction of the metal during freezing might force solder joints, slides, valves, etc. to realign slightly into a more correct position than they might have been in leaving the factory. This would explain the "old horn feel" that some players claim to experience afterwards.

Linda