Daniel Canarutto wrote:

> Speaking of tiny differences among instruments, I'd like to
> know what the listers think about the widespread belief that
> a horn plays better if it has been played for an extended
> period of time by a good player. Now, here I really can't see
> the rationale, but have no sufficient experience of different
> instruments to form an opinion of my own.

Much as cryo isn't proven but is deemed worthwhile by some, I have also
heard that the same thing happens to a horn when it's been played regularly
for a few decades.  In fact, more than one person has said the effects are
comparable, and that the cryo treatment is, in effect, a way to speed up the
break-in process.

-S-