Message text written by The Horn List
>I didn't think they used this seating plan when they were perfoming
live.<

Dear Lawrence and List

I understand that Aubrey Brain refused to adopt the traditional seating
when he was asked to do so.  I have some photos of the  BBC Northern taken
in around 1950 and they actually sit as we do now on these.  Perhaps
different orchestras did different things?  But there are also the LSO
photos taken in the 1940s where the 1st horn (Alan Hyde) has the section
('Pop' Burditt, David Burditt and Frank Probyn) to his left.  If only they
were still alive to ask them!  Even you and I Lawrence are not old enough
to remember that far back!

Regards

Paul Kampen