I don't know, Carmen, but am copying the horn list...someone there will know.

Anyone know about various versions of the Mendelssohn?

Fred

----- Original Message ----
From: Carmen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Fred Baucom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2006 6:03:43 PM
Subject: Re: Horn Question

Hi Fred:

Question.  Are there different versions of the "A midsummer night's dream" Op.
61 Nocturne by Mendelssohn?  Some versions with 1st horn and bassoon and some
versions with 3 or 4 horns?  I have always thought of it as being a horn trio
or something.   It feels so alone to have no horns and just bassoons.  Are
there arrangements with the horns playing the bassoon parts?

Thanks,

Carmen