Hello Lawrence, yes, you are right. There are plenty
teachers out there, who do not even look on to a students
embouchure carefully enough, but insist for a change, a
change to an embouchure of their own idea (teacher) to fit
everybodys mouth & lips.

There is just ONE right horn embouchure, but with many light
variations according to the anatomy of the player.

The principles are most clear:
Centered mpc set into the flesh of the lower lip near to the
edge of the red flesh so to pull open the "blow hole" in the
center, typical brass player face or mask, not "crawling"
into the mouthpiece, lip under control in all playing
regions, relaxed as possible, minimum of vertical pressure
against the lips (depending on range & dynamics), keeping
the blow hole open as possible. One has to see the variables
& move within these boundaries until the desired result will
be achieved, preset the targets  or expectations are not
exaggerated.

The bad teacher forces the student to do just everything
after his advice precisely no matter of the different
anatomy, instead of adjusting the things or correcting bad
habits.