I'd like to thank those who forwarded some interesting comments and suggestions as a result of my query.

There are a number I will try.

Of course, not too surprisingly, the main thing I need to do is not to get too impatient and continue to work and practice. FWIW, I practice much more willingly and frequently than I did when I was younger. Like Arthur Rubinstein said (not that I presume to be in his league!): "If I miss a day of practice, I can tell; if I miss a second day, my wife can tell; if I miss a third day, the audience can tell!". There is no question I have improved over the last two years, but I am nowhere near where I used to be nor where I want to be!

Perhaps in time (if I have enough left!)...

Thanks, again, from an old horn player...

Tom
--
Thomas M. Spillman, Jr.

Asst. Professor (retired)