Hi Mathew,

  The book I use for auditions and study is David Thompson's "Orchestral
Audition Repertoire."  It contains complete parts, not just excerpts.  I can't
remember specifically, but I think Mahler 9 is in it.  It's a wonderful book,
and I use it all the time.  The parts come in a binder so that you can take out
what you need and not carry the rest of the 1000 pages with you.  The only
drawback, it's about $100 - but I've gotten that much use out of it.  You can
find it at:
  http://www.thompsonedition.com/

  Hope that helps,

  Anna

Hi all.
I am preparing a mock audition and one exceprt is Mahler 9, a first
honr
one.
I couldnt find it in any excpert books I had, or my library had, so I
went
to the score the old fashion way...Now I have a question, what are the
standard ones?  As in the most likley to be asked for, and help
directing me
to the most important ones to learn. I cant ask my treacher as they are
putting on the mock, and are not supposed to help at all. We are
supposed to
use our resources :D
Thanks kindly.

--