In a message dated 12/12/2006 1:48:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

So my point is, buyer beware!  Find a repair tech who truly understands  that
french horns aren't supposed to leak, and who's willing to take the time  to
do it right.  I'd stick with the green if the other choice was getting  my
horn boiled into nothingness in acid.  Acids can be used, but  shouldn't be
overused.

--
I will add to Steve's post to point out Ken Pope's mantra:  an  acid cleaning
is only as good as the degreasing done before the acid bath.   You can clean

There are many good repair techs and quite a few hacks.  How does one  know
the difference?  Get recommendations and references, as many as you  can, if
you don't know your repair tech's abilities.  A good repair tech  should gladly
furnish references.

Dave Weiner
Brass Arts Unlimited