I had a similar problem with the new Blistex Lip Infusion. I suspect the chemicals they use were originally used to give old, floppy leather lots of body. Since it is absorbed into the lips, it takes a long time before playing sensitivity returns.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Sent: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 7:56 AM
Subject: [Hornlist] Stiff lips

Hi all!
Almost everything was said in this matter. But let me tell what happened
to me a few years ago. I had a problem similar as described by
Ron. The lips were just stiff, didn't vibrate at all. They were like
paralized. I coud not buzz without the mouthpiece. Before a concert I had
to do a lot of warmup and after a little break it was stiff again.
Until I found the reason. I have had a blister on my lip some time before,
which happens very rarely to me. So I tried a natural medicine. I put
"Propolis", some kind of stuff which bees produce to keep their homes
clean. You get it in shops where they sell honey, beewax, etc. Maybe it was just the alcohol in this propolis or propolis itself, I don't know. I
found out about it because I tried to put it on my lips later on, and
bang, the stiff lip problem was there again. This is a good medicine when used in small doses with lot of water, but never put it on the lips as it
is.
So just think about what you have done before you got the stiff lips. It must not necessarily be overdoing the lips. It can be a chemical reason.
Best wishes to you and hope you find out what it was.

Liebe Gruesse/Best regards, Hans Illich

Ing. Johann Illich, Ortmayrstr.37, A-4060 Leonding, Austria
+43-732-995275 priv. +43-6888333895 mobil