I need to go out of town to a major cancer center for a checkup in March which will require me to stay in a hotel for several days. I hate to lose that much practice time. I have a Yamaha Silent Brass practice mute but have not been particularly happy with it for a number of reasons: the sound through the ear phones, the resistance, and the fact that the mute goes where my right hand belongs. Are there any other options? I'm sure part of my problem is my age (76) and the fact that I am a relatively late returner to the horn after a fifty year layoff. When I WAS active, there were no practice mutes that I was aware of.

Any reasonable solution will be considered. Luckily, normally my practice is not a problem. I practice in my study upstairs and my wife has yet to complain. Since I normally practice at home, cost is a consideration, but not the only one.

FWIW, I did find one I am considering (it still has the problem for the right hand):

http://www.slidebone.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=37_73&products_id=588

or:

      http://tinyurl.com/38cjas**

Thanks...