Scott,

If there is no obvious metal-on-metal binding or rubbing, then I suspect
the slow (sluggish?) valves is due to grease or heavy oil between the
rotor body and casing.

I suggest closing all the slides and put about a teaspoon of very light
valve oil (e.g. Holton, Al Cass, or UltraPure clear unscented Lamp Oil -
kersone) down the leadpipe. Rotate the horn around so the oil flows to the
valves (not necessary to go into valve slides). Operate the keys with the
oil lying in the valve and that should disolve old grease/oil, and give
immediate improvement. Remove the oil by draining as for water removal.

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY
Scott Avenell [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I've been playing it for a few weeks and am happy with most everything
except the valve action, which I find a little slow.
The valves were reworked a few years ago and the horn did not see much
action afterwards.
They are currently clean and well lubricated.
Scott