Hello friends, fans or enemies or whatever on the hornlist,

I would like to share a special experience with you:

I received a desperate call this morning to help out with
music for a recital tonight in a very big theatre in a very
big city in Germany, as the horn player could not find his
solo part of Glazunovs Idyll for horn & stringquintet. I
told his calling girlfriend, why he would not just write out
the simple horn part for this 4 minute piece from the score
? - The score were missing also & I were the only person
(publisher) who could help by sending the part via fax. I do
not have a fax machine, so I promised to scan the two pages
& send´m via email attachement if the young lady would send
me her correct email ID. The email ID arrived & I had the 2
pages scanned & trimmed meanwhile. So I sent them as
attachement. To my surprice, a second email arrived telling
me, my action would not be needed anymore as the horn part &
score resurfaced magically.

Would you think, this negligence would enhence my
willingness to repeat such an action in the future ??? Would
you be willing to do such ? Obviously not.

Why do I write such ? Well, just to show an example, how a
single stupidity & carelessness can ruin the goodwill.
Result: such future services at last minute would require a
Paypal advance payment of 50.-$. Should work. - But there
are real emergency situations, when I would help out, off
course, - and gratis.