I'd also check out beginner recorder books.  Recorder is taught in many
elementary schools to all students and there is a ton of material out there.
Most of it would benefit from transposition to another key (recorder
students learn G, A, and B first, followed usually by D, so down a whole
step would suffice) but the tunes are simple enough that they could even be
copied by hand.

-S-