At 10:21 PM +0100 2/24/07, hans wrote:
Who knows ? Do you recall the Nile act of Aida ? The violin
introduction ? I do that on the horn occasionally : low c,
c1, c2 , c3, c3, c2, c1, c - one half step lower, a full
step lower, etc. - but not legato, but tongued. Good
targetting exercise.

What might the advantages be of tonguing over slurring such an exercise? I think you answered this with "targetting exercise," but are there any other thoughts?

Would it make a difference if one were to start with the c's and work down or if one started on a lower note and worked up?
--

Carlberg Jones
Skype - carlbergbmug