corno folk

I have never had the desire to analyze what happens before, during, or after a
long range jump on the horn.
The same thing goes for analyzing pitch; are you going to be watching your
tuner's needle while you are doing that Mahler 5 solo?

My own method for long horn jumps is to focus on the goal note, make sure I am
set for it, and do the jump; not thinking of anything else but that goal note.
Visualizing both notes as being right next to one another is also a good way to
avoid anxiety about : (insert your favorite rip here).

best wishes
Rachel