Hans Pizka wrote:

You forgot the "little" octave  c - b, which is below c1 (c
on the first ledger line below staff).
Yes, I'm sorry. I wrote it correctly in my first draft, but after re-reading (and mis-reading) your explanation I decided it was a mistake and deleted it.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Why does the A seem more logical to you than the C ?
Explain, please.

In English the alphabet starts with A not C. Understood by millions, even without a musical education.

Why should any pitch be considered the "start"? It's purely conventional, not a physical necessity. The zero for the Celsius scale has reason, conventional though it be. Fahrenheit had a reason for choosing his zero differently. Is there a reason why any particular pitch should be given a particular name apart from convention?

Simple Simon