Greetings from Wildomar
Last weeks dialogue about the Eb solo in the above was interesting and
disturbing.  Certain discrepancies between the article in the 1999 Horn Call
and what was said on the list were unchallenged by our astute listers.  (See
the IHS web site)
Whether tradition, sea story, oral history or fairy tale, an accurate telling
of the first perfomance is available.  Any speculation as to who when where etc
is detailed and why is in the footnotes.

Happy reading.

PS  My citrus and Paulonia tomentosa are in bloom and the aroma is wonderful

William Botte