A hand strap and ducks foot are the same. A hand Strap
is more comfortable, but helps support the horn in the
SAME place on your hand as a ducks foot, the first
finger knuckle. It just wraps around the back of your
hand, which gives it the added feeling of support.
Depending on the players hand size and the horn they
choose, the hand strap might be the best choice.

The Alexander brand Hand Strap is the best one I have
seen, great leather and good padding, if you like that
sort of thing.

I use neither.... I move my pinky ring down, closer to
my hand, in the stronger part of my pinky..... An idea
that I got from Julie Landsman.....

Matthew Scheffelman