From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of hans
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 11:47 AM
To: 'The Horn List'
Subject: RE: [Hornlist] Practice Room Acoustics

Bill, and nobody complained about the loud TV ? Like in
chinese hotels in China ....

I never practised in any hotel room. Had nothing to
practise. One hour early in the hall gives enough time to
refresh the embouchure. For practising, it is too late
anyway. This has to be done long before accepting the gig or
the concert. Using the embouchure in a most economic way
("many dollars per played minute is better than many notes
played per dollar") saved me during nearly 50 years
professional playing.

On the farewell party, our administration director
confronted me with the number of performances I had played
with my orchestra during 40 years: about 8000 (eight
thousand). That was enough, to keep the embouchure working
all the time but a few days when I was really overworked due
to a lot extra activity in the studios right after the
performances.