Richard Burdick wrote:
I am working on a list of compositions written since 1900 for
the natural horn. So far the list is quite short.

I don't know what your exact criteria are, in terms of instrumentation
(whether only works which feature the natural horn as a solo instrument are
to be included).  In any case, your list will grow substantially.  In terms
of significant works, certainly Ligeti comes to mind.  And if you don't mind
a mildly cheeky answer, given your 1900 cut-off - how about the Ravel
Pavane?
Thanks David!
I'll put the Ravel on the list for now, I had thought of that too . . .
What is the Ligeti? I thought his trio (with violin & piano) was for valve horn . . (?) NO exact criteria except I am not really looking for hunting music Richard