In a message dated 05/05/2007 06:29:17 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

The  quintet version is another stupidity by a musical idiot
& disgusting  arranger.

I think this is a bit harsh.

Whilst I would prefer to play and hear the original, arrangements such  as
this do at least allow those who can raise a wind quintet but not the  original
instrumentation the opportunity to play and enjoy pieces which would be
otherwise denied them.  Generally, I don't like arrangements, but I  recognise
them
as a necessary evil. (Except, of course, those arrangements  intended to be
played for fun and not really meant as serious contributions to  the world of
serious music).

Cheers,

Lawrence

lawrenceyates.co.uk