From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Richard V. West
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2007 5:51 PM
To: The Horn List
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] musical idiot & disgusting arranger.

That does remind me of a piece called (I think) "Sugarplums"
in one of the Hoffnung Music Festival recordings. All of
Tchaikovsky's Favorite Hits (including the 1812 Overture)
arranged for recorder consort, harpsichord, and cap guns.
Quite hilarious!

Richard in Seattle

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I was once invited to take part (as a recorder player I
might add) in
> a performance of "Pictures at an Exhibition" arranged for
large recorder  consort.
> Can you imagine "Great Gate of Kiev" on recorders??????
>
> Neither could I, so after the perfomance they sent me a
copy of the
> recording.  You would not believe how good it sounds!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lawrence (still waiting for "The Rite of Spring" on
washboard and
> spoons)
>
> lawrenceyates.co.uk

http://music2.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/hornfella%40c