From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Herbert Foster
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 5:25 PM
To: The Horn List
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] music ghost writers

Some movie score composers do their own orchestrating, and
others have the orchestrators do it. They work fairly
closely with the directors, so ghost writers usually don't
get into the act. Of course they may "borrow" some music.
Composing movie music is an art in itself. Each cue is of a
given length, and enhances the emotional impact.

Herb Foster
--- Per Ottar Gjerstad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I may be wrong about this, but I believe that most movie
score writers
> make use of some sort of "short score" or "condensed
score" when they
> do the actual writing of the music.
> These scores usually contains (more or less detailed)
instructions for
> the orchestrators, who then use this short score when
laying out the
> score that is actually used when playing and recording the
music.

> Per Ottar
>

> Subject: RE: [Hornlist] music ghost writers
>

> > G.Mahler, R.Strauss, Korngold .......
> >
> > Subject: [Hornlist] music ghost writers
> >
> > idiocy and lousy arrangers aside, Is there someone who
is willing to
> > concur without using names that some famous movie score
composers
> > 'owe' their fame to ghost writers?
> >
> > or is this a question that should not be asked in
public?

http://music2.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/hans%40pizka.
> > de

http://music2.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/potgjers%40fr