From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Valerie WELLS
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 11:50 PM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] Re: centering pitch

What I find challenging about centering pitch is that the
same one note on my horn will sound lovely in one key, but
hollow & fuzzy in another key.
I've tried monkeying with the tuning slides, lipping up,
lipping down, using the tuner, more air ... you name it, but
I just can't get a C # (just below the treble staff) to
sound good in every key that has a C# in it.  However, the
same note, Db always seems to sound "right" in all the
"flat" keys, major or minor.  Drives me nuts.  ~Valerie