While I basically agree with you, I will play Devil's Advocate (as if we didn't
have enough lawyers). The human being is the animal that can get used to
anything. As a result, many people find even temperament "right" and just
temperament "wrong." So these people's bodies accept only even tempered tuning,
probably at the expense of higher stress levels. I once quit a high level
community chorus partly because the director insisted on even tempered thirds.
I didn't care for the stress. She, by the way, had perfect pitch, which defined
for her where the pitch of a given note should be, regardless of the key.

Herb Foster