Just remove the Bb-slides & the extension or full slides for
the regular F-side. You get a single high-F with somewhat
more resonance due to the more weight. This is a good
compromise.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Robson Adabo de Mello
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 6:09 PM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] Is it necessary a descant when you have
a triple?

Hello Guy

Like I said before I'm not a horn play, I'm a trumpet
player, but I'm asking this question to my father-in-law.

He has a double King horn (I don't know the model), and now
he's trying to play some baroque pieces that are extremely
high. In his opinion his sound is too heavy with his regular
double.

He's thinking about getting a new horn and now he has a
doubt. When you have a triple is it necessary a descant? For
a person that has a double, is it better get a triple or a
descant?

Thank you

Robson