Anna Henry wrote:
This may have been discussed at some previous time, but here it is again. I'm getting my wisdom teeth extracted on Monday. ... What
have your experiences been?

Yes, this has been discussed at length. In a nutshell:

1. Take it easy.
2. Don't play if it's painful to play.
3. Make your oral surgeon aware that you play the horn. It may not mean much to him/her, but it can't hurt to mention it since there will be so much poking around in the mouth.
4. Do what your doctor tells you to do.
5. Keep in touch with that doctor if pain persists.
6. Use the time off to listen to great recordings and practice things like singing/ear training.

That's really pretty much the routine if you have to go in for any surgery.

Most folks in previous discussion (including me) seemed OK to play about 2 weeks after getting the wisdom teeth out. Some after a few days. Some after a month or so.

Greg