My guess is that Hans is correct (in part) and it was this Sony CD that I
found listed as having been broadcast on KBPS on March 7, 2006 that you
heard recently:

Der Ring des Nibelungen: Fantasy for Horn and Piano - Roland Horvath (after
Richard Wagner)
Gunter Hogner, horn/Stefan Vladar, piano (Label: Sony 52564)

It is by Guenter Hoegner (of the VPO) as a member of the Ensemble
Wien-Berlin and is not a WWV Aricord recording. It looks like this CD is
out of print, though Arkivmusic.com is now making many out of print CDs
available on demand, so it may be worth looking into this if you'd really
like to get your hands on it. It has a number of other fantasies for a solo
wind instrument and piano and the playing is as good as you'd expect given
the pedigree. There is some chance that Horvath has included this piece on
one of his many LPs and CDs, though I don't recall that he did. I'll check
what I have at home later and let you know if there is indeed another
recording.

Regards,

Peter Hirsch

<date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 13:35:03 -0500
<from: Jonathan Yoder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<subject: [Hornlist] Fantasy for Horn and Piano on Wagner Themes
<
<Hello,
<I heard this piece (Fantasy for Horn and Piano on Wagner Themes) on a
local=
<station this morning and have been unable to locate the recording.
Anyone=
<out there know how to find it?
<Jonathan Yoder
<Central Illinois
<
<message: 2
<date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 22:06:20 +0200
<from: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<subject: Re: [Hornlist] Fantasy for Horn and Piano on Wagner Themes
<
<Could be you get some info from Wiener Waldhorn Verein (WWV)