Junk...at least it sounds it not having seen it.  Here is a link that may help.

http://www.hornplayer.net/archive/a307.html

Jeff C.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Steve Freides
Sent: Fri 6/29/2007 10:48 AM
To: 'The Horn List'
Subject: [Hornlist] Junk or not

I was looking over a horn at a local estate/garage sale.

Along the side of the bell throat, it had

A L E X A N D R E

engraved, and "made in italy" on the end of the lead pipe.

Piston change valve, 3 regular rotary valves.

My guess is that it's 50+ year old junk, an Alex clone.  Further information
appreciated.  It appeared to be otherwise be a standard double horn,
lacquered brass of some sort.  I was frankly surprised that all the valves
worked and the slides moved - someone must have been playing it.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, the Bb side sounded OK, and the F side sounded, well, awful.

-S-