Bill,
I personally don't know about any Miller/Brain performances.  However,
shortly before he died, Dennis Brain wrote an article entitled "About the
French Horn" in which he mentions Mitch.

"The repertoire for the French horn, though small, is interesting and
varied. It ranges from two Concertos by Haydn, four by Mozart, two by
Strauss, to three works by Hindemith - a Concerto, a Sonata with piano, and
a Sonata for four horns. Five pieces for five horns by Gunther Schuller (1st
horn of the Metropolitan Opera) and a fascinating work by Villa-Lobos for
three horns and trombone called Chorus No.4 are very good examples of
skilful and imaginative writing. Then there are the unusual Mitch Miller
records - "The Yellow Rose of Texas" (juke box favourite of 1955), and "Horn
Belt Boogie," to name but two."

BTW- I mistyped when mentioning Mitch's upcoming birthday.  He'll be 96, not
97, on July 4.

Cheers,
Steve

Steven Ovitsky