It's funny you should mention that.  I was complaining last night to my wife
about that.  It is a pretty poor show.

Jeff C

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Anne Megenity
Sent: Thu 7/5/2007 7:04 AM
To: The Horn List
Subject: [Hornlist] 4th of July D.C. Concert

 I have yet to get over watching the worst Indepence Day program in my
experience--the one put on every year by the National Symphony and various
"guests" at Washington, DC.  Last evening, the orchestra under Erich Kunzel
(sp.?) was adequate, but the vocalists were Godawful, and that's being polite.
Poor voices to begin with and no noticable sense of pitch. I won't comment on
the MC, Tony Danza, I guess..but overall,it made me sad to see such a sorry lot
representing our country on its birthday. My ears are still hurting..