From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Milton Kicklighter
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 8:39 PM
To: The Horn List
Subject: [Hornlist] Military Bands

Hi All,

I don't post much anymore, but I do read the list daily.

I don't know if someone is trying to "pan" military bands or if there is
some kind of "inner" joke going on.  But if someone is trying to "put
down" military bands they should be aware of some of the following"

John Carabella and John Ingram both played in the West Point band.
My former friend Fred Bradford, third horn in the Buffalo Phil..The West
Point Band. Retired 1st trombone and 2nd horn in the Buffalo Phil.  An Air
Force Band.  The old Samson Band I think. Bernie Fleshler retired violist
here in Buffalo.. The old Army symphony.  I wonder how many more.  Chime
in Guys and Gals.

Myself!  Headquarters 2nd AF Band at Barksdale AFB.  Actually I learned to
play the Horn while in that Band.  It was a wonderful time in my life.
Flying around the country like a paratrooper.  We always flew in troop
planes.  C47..C123 etc.  I saw things and went places I never thought I
would be able to do.  Not the least of which was being introducted to the
horn... didn't know what a french horn was until my second year in the
band.  Put me in the right place at the right time to get my scholarship
playing in the Shreveport Symphony.

Hey how many other guys and gals out there did military band time.

Milton
Milton Kicklighter
4th horn Buffalo Phil
Like forever