Herb Foster and Loren Meyhew wrote about the problems
of "thin lips".  The grass on the other side of the
fence, the land of thick lips, isn't a walk in the
park either (sorry for mixed metaphors).  While thick
lips might help with tone, the down side is that thick
lips swell such that the embouchure position changes
during playing-- where to aim with the embouchure to
successfully hit notes does change depending on how
long one has been playing. High notes are a struggle
because the muscular collapsing of the embouchure
orifice is difficult through that greater amount of
soft flesh. Thick lipped players also need larger
diameter mouthpieces that makes high horn playing more
difficult.  Anyway, I notice that thin lipped players
don't have as much facial grimace as do thick lipped
players.  One saving grace of growing old (and I have
been "growing" at this for quite some time), is that
while the waistline increases, the lips thin out.

Having thick lips is like having fat feet.

Larry