Being a little on the obtuse side, I resisted the whole notion of buzzing, because I just couldn't see the point. I had the privilege to have a lesson w/ Wendell Rider in July & he took me thru the paces with buzzing the mouthpiece using air only to gently slide, glissando style up and down a step or two from second line G. Nothing big, dramatic, just slowly & gently up & down with air while resisting the urge to "lip it." I was "fuzzy" on why I was doing it, but I've persisted with the hope that I'd eventually grasp the concept. It's been a month now that I've spent just a few minutes a day buzzing & I'm starting to see, feel & hear benefits from it. It helping me get the "feel" of finer control of the air stream & it's effect on pitch & tone. I tend to be too "lippy" & the gentle slow buzzing using only air to raise & lower the pitch gives me another tool to develop better tone. Hmmm.... Does this make sense to anyone? ~Valerie, balanced embouchure student