Hello Bill, all said perfectly, but .....

Concert c# on 2nd valve Bb-horn will be flat definitely if
the 2nd slide is at the right position for the concert E
(top), means if the A-horn is tuned perfectly. So why not
leaving the 3rd Bb-slide on ist place & use it together with
2nd for the concert C# ?

When I was a very young player, I did this symphony
severaltmes on the single F Viennese perfectly. Admitted, my
old Viennese Horn was wonderful. And the sound could be very
light or striking heroic, depending on me. But after years,
I preferred to do it on the single F-descant - and when we
used that kind of horns, we received an extra cheque  ....
Descant horn not part of our contract - we just had to
persuade the conductors (easy) to insist on descant horn
use.

Kindest greetings

Hans