Mmmm... Steve, Unless I'm confused, I don't think the Sansone on the Dillon website is the same horn I saw at Dillon Music last week. I seem to remember that the Sansone I saw had a wrap like the Holton Farkas, however I could be wrong. Believe it or not, even I being the rocket scientist turned horn player I am, am capable of error! ;o)

Valerie

Steve wrote:

<Is that one at Dillon's the one shown on his web site?  It's a brass horn
that looks just like a Conn 6D.  That model is shown in the mid 50s Sansone
catalog that I have.>

- Steve Mumford

Valerie wrote:

message: 2
date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:16:43 -0700
from: "Valerie WELLS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
subject: [Hornlist] RE:  Sansone Horns

Richard Hirsh wrote:
<Sansone's design was subsequently picked up by Holton as the model 76. The model 77 was based on a Kruespe wrap and became the basis for the Farkas model horns. Model 76 and 77 horns have similar playing qualities, and seem to share many components. The model 376 was produced as a student horn for several years, and seems to be approximately the same horn as the model 76.>

Look what I stumbled upon on E-Bay:

VINTAGE FRANK HOLTON FRENCH HORN MODEL 76 1960'S

I can't give the link, but if you go to Ebay & search for Holton Horns, you'll find this one. Notice the Bb slides on top. It's being sold by a pawn shop in New Orleans. This however, this is not like the Sansone I played at Dillons which has the little Bb tuning slide right under the valve like the Holton Farkas horns have now. Valerie