There is one fantastic fanfare at the very end of the movie Grand Canyon with 
Steve Martin.  The entire rest of the sound track is pop crap.  But that 
fanfare at the end is greatness.  Starts off with 8 horns cranking away.  I 
forgot where I first heard it, but I immediately went out and got the sound 
track so I could listen to the fanfare over and over again.  Be careful 
listening to it at high decible levels because at the end of the fanfare it 
immediately goes into a pop music piece for credits and it has big bass that 
will rattle your rafters or tear your speakers up.

Silverado has a great horn lick in it.  I'm sure many of us have played it at 
some point in our careers.  Lots of fun.  Wrap your feet around your chair legs 
and BLOW, lol. There is something to be said for a screaming horn line above 
the orchestra at full tilt.

There are allot of Wind Ensemble music that gives the horns the opportunity to 
soar.  Festival Variations by Claude T. Smith may not be the greatest 
composition ever, but it sure is fun to play in a pure horn jock kind of way.

-James



      
____________________________________________________________________________________
Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles. Visit the 
Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
_______________________________________________
post: [email protected]
unsubscribe or set options at 
http://music2.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/archive%40jab.org

Reply via email to