Upon receiving the digest today, I read the following paragraph that I sent
to the list last night:

First, I must wholeheartedly second Ellen and raise her a Franklin. Dan
has let me know, off-list, the error of my ways many times, sparing me
the embarrassment of further revealing my ignorance of just about
everything list related (and sometimes totally unrelated) the my friends
on the list. He has done this with amazing speed and effectiveness,
whether or not I had addressed my frustration to him directly or not and
his explanations actually make sense (not necessarily a given from my
personal experience).

I now realize that it made just about no sense at all and even Dan couldn't
save me from my own negligent typing (it was kind of late and I just "may"
have consumed something of a higher proof than valve oil at the time, but
that would be no excuse).

Re-edited for comprehensibility:

First, I must wholeheartedly second Ellen and raise her a Franklin in my
praise of out list administrator. Dan has let me know, off-list, the error
of
my ways many times, sparing me the embarrassment of further revealing my
ignorance of just about everything list-related (and sometimes totally
unrelated) to my friends on the list. He has done this with amazing speed
and effectiveness, whether or not I had addressed my frustration to him
directly and his explanations actually made sense (not necessarily a given
from my personal experience).

You can stop scratching your heads now.

Peter Hirsch