Bill,

This information is incredibly helpful. After my posting, I spent (way too
much) time looking for a location that offered the CD or any information
about it and came up with zilch. Berliner Philharmoniker, Gebr. Alexander
and all of my usual horn/import CD sources (Ulrich Koebl, TAP, Paxman,
Osmun, jpc.de) were all of no avail. This was particularly frustrating
since I realized that I had confused this Berlin Horn ensemble CD with the
Vienna Horns, Art of Brass CD that is also on the Rimsky-Horns site and saw
that I didn't have a copy of it yet (will remedy that ASAP).

Tuesday morning, I took a second look at the NY Sun site and there was
reader comment to the effect that Nordlingers's comment that it "shouldn't
be too hard" to find a copy on the internet was wishful thinking. I
followed up with a more detailed "me too" that also pointed out that Stefan
Dohr and not Dorn is lead on the CD. There was no response to this and it
doesn't seem that they saw fit to post my comments (at least not as of a
minute ago). Another comment now appears from someone else pleading for
information, but no response from Nordlinger or the editors.

The Sun seems to be an on-line only publication (though I am not completely
sure that is the reason that I have never noticed it at a newsstand). The
writing of their music critics (Fred Kirshnit seems to be their other
regular "classical guy") stands out for being contrary to whatever the
general consensus is in other papers. Quality is pretty much what you saw -
no particular care seems to be given to facts, spellings or other editorial
details; more of a blog feel than real "writing". Someone I know mails me a
lot of the reviews from it since I complained to him once that I often
wonder if the writer of a review I have read in the Times was at the same
concert I attended or played. The reviews certainly are "different", but
mostly are slightly irritating and occasionally worth reading. I do have to
add that it turns out that one of their pop music writers, Will Friedwald,
is an old friend of mine and a recognized authority on Sinatra and the
vocal tradition he represents, though he doesn't write as a concert
reviewer for the Sun.

Read at your own risk, is my advice.

Peter