At 10:47 PM 9/18/2007 -0400, you wrote:
My son and I are planning to drive up to Boston to hear James Somerville premier the new concerto for horn and orchestra written by Elliot Carter. I was wondering if anyone familiar with Boston Symphony Hall can recommend what is the best seating. Here is the link to the seating chart:

http://www.bso.org/bso/mods/toc_01_gen_images.jsp;jsessionid=1C02QV0I1HRVUCTFQMGCFEQ?id=bcat12370002

As far as listening goes, there are no bad seats in Symphony Hall.
For visual, I like the front of the balcony facing the stage or almost
anywhere on the floor.  Stay away from the balcony as it gets closer
to the stage.

I would also suggest you leave the car at the hotel and take a taxi
or the T to Symphony Hall (parking stinks).  But if you go early,
you can walk from there to NEC and look around, visit Rayburn's
music, cruise up Mass Ave to Berklee School, and hang a left
on Boylston to go by Boston Conservatory, where you can clearly
see the lights of Fenway from the library windows.

Margaret

Margaret F. Dikel
Horn / Librarian / Webmaster
JCC Symphony Orchestra