May I add Elgars' "Serenade for Strings", "Sospiri", and "Elegy".  Personally
when I need music to completely relax and destress me I often turn to
renaissance sacred choral music, and even to Russian Liturgical music. And
people that have gotten to know me know that I am as ardent and obsessed about
anything and everything horn as anyone I have ever met.
  Paxmaha

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Ah, for those who don't like strings, besides the prvious mentions of
Vivaldi, take a listen to the Adagietto from Mahler 5 or Barber's Serenade
for Strings. Hopefully the groups will have the technical and musical
maturity to play these but if they don't move you-then they have no soul.

I'll give you, there's nothing like the sound of a "tight" brass group, but
the same holds true for strings and woodwinds (including those infernal
things by "he who shall not be named"). All of this HLF
(higher-louder-faster) stuff is for the birds. Bring back musicianship!

Dana Twiss
Litchfield, Maine