Hi Gary,

I don't know much about the Singer and Schantl books, but I do use the
Dufrasne book every day.  I have found that it is quite effective in
promoting a relaxed/flexible lip and the right speed of air.  The only fault
that I have found with it is that it does not have any articulation
exercises except for the arpeggios at the end.  I supplement the arpeggios
at the end with "K bells" which is a power exercise originally by Mr.
William Klingelhoffer and given to me by Professor Bacon.  If you are
looking for other books like the Dufrasne, I would suggest  the Standley
Routine, the Douglas Hill book, or the Teuber book.

Joel

Hi,

I would like to hear (read) some opinions regarding a
few method books:

Singer
Dufrasne
Schantl

I already know what I think of them. I'm curious what
others think.

Gary