Valerie WELLS wrote:
> I wrote earlier about my friend re-corking his old B & H mute.  I
> didn't tell you how he attached the corks because I didn't know.  I
> played a gig with him last night.  He said he used double stick
> adhesive tape to adhere the cork strips to his mute.  It's simple,
> inexpensive, less messy than glue & can be repositioned easily w/o
> having to scrape off glue or such.  And last night, as before, his
> muted passages sounded GREAT!  His mute has been holding up well with
> the heavy duty use required to play for "The Wizard of Oz."

Good tip!

There's a 3M version of this called *exterior* mounting tape that's
quite strong, as well as weather-resistant.  That means it would also be
condensation-resistant, which should be a good thing when it comes to horns.

I use it to keep my Clebsch straps in place without soldering them.  I'm
sure it would also be just the thing for attaching mute corks.