I think Dalleyhorn got it. I've seen the movie, many moons ago, (before I was a serious horn player), and have heard before that it was John Graas.

Paul Mansur

On Oct 26, 2007, at 12:56 PM, Robert Ward wrote:

Hi hornlisters,

Recently I was talking to my Dad, who said he saw an old movie:

Springtime in the Rockies

which featured the Harry James Band. In it was a horn player, and we were both curious to know who it was. I didn't see the film, but it was notable to Dad because a violinist playing with James' band in the film was briefly in the same Company with Dad in WW2.

Any clues out there?

All the best to you, worldwide...

****
Bob Ward