We own a Yamaha 666 (predecessor to the 668, made from roughly 1980-85)
that's a lovely horn in, IMHO, the 8D tradition.  I played it for a while,
now it's my son's main horn, and I suspect it will come back to me sooner or
later.

We owned a 667 for a while, manufactured in 1991, that's in the small/medium
bell horn tradition.  A pleasant enough horn for what it is, to be sure, and
sounds lovely in the right hands, but I had occassion to borrow an Alex 103
a few month after acquiring the 667, and that was the end of my playing the
667.  (I eventually settled on an Alex Bb single with a C trigger as my main
horn.)

-S-