I just heard from my fellow hornist, Adam Katin, that this concert is happening. If you are situated within a few hundred miles of NYC, you should make a point of being there. Three of the selections from their CD "Opera" are on the program and the acoustics of St. John the Divine are supremely resonant and horn friendly. What else need I say?

- Peter Hirsch

The 8 Horns of the Berliner Philharmoniker

Monday

1 PM

Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine
1047 Amsterdam Avenue at 112th Street
New York City

Admission: Free

For more information call 212-316-7441 or visit www.stjohndivine.org

BRUCKNER Two Motets: Ave Maria and Graduale (arr. Mott)
HUMPERDINCK Hansel u. Gretel Fantasie (arr. Lars Stransky)
WAGNER Tristan und Isolde Fantasie (arr. Jeurissen)
SCOTT IRVINE Morgenlied
BERNSTEIN  Selections from West Side Story (arr. Andreas Kowalewitz)